New Job
Dear Friends, July 4th 04
You might or you might not know that I have been interviewing recently and thanks a ton for all those who helped me in the process. I am returning from the Devil's home at Redmond and now I have been possessed and ordered to join the dark side of the force. The devil has enticed me with an offer that is
too hard to refuse.
This doesn't mean that you need to cuss my name every time you have to press the magic 3 buttons(ALT CTRL REBOOT). I will be working with the Microsoft Exchange Server and will design the 2006 release, the protocol to synchronize the handhelds with the Microsoft products in general. What this
means is, 3 yrs down the line, you will be carrying a smart phone and will be checking your email, calendar.. and will be just wishing for something to fail so that you can cuss me. And it will be my job to deny you this simple pleasure, by adding Linux kind of robustness and security to your handheld.
For my Linux friends, you might be surprised that I am joining the army of Mordor after refusing to pay taxes to the evil empire for 9 years. Well, I will still run Linux at home and probably on my desktop at work, but I want to give a good competition to Linux from the Windows side. And Competition is always good, as it will benefit the end customer.
Philosophically you may say that Exchange server is nothing but sendmail with makeup. Well it still makes a billion dollar in revenues and people do make money selling bottled water.
The logistics have not yet been worked out, but I will be moving to Seattle sometime during Sept after a 1 month roadtrip. I will be sending out a email with my new address but you should be able to reach me by phone at 630 880 9552 and email at radhesh@gmail.com
May the force be with you !!
-Cheers,
Radhesh

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home